Photos of People in Sicily
The Contrasts in Sicily: the People
A fisherman in Cefalù.
Children waiting in the Modica Cathedral.
The wedding photographer on Corso Umberto I, Taormina.
Ciuri ciuri (Sciuri sciuri)
Translated by Jack Sacali
For more translations, see Lyricstranslate.com
Benito, a fisherman in Cefalù.
Photo: Per-Erik Skramstad / Wonders of Sicily
A fisherman in Trapani, Sicily prepares his net.
Easter procession in Palermo.
Life in Sicily can be hard, as the smile on the face of this man in front of the cathedral in Catania shows.
Who stepped on my bridal veil? Sicilan wedding in Syracuse. In the background you see the columns from the Greek temple.
Photo: Torild Egge
A couple in Cefalù.
The view from the roof of the Monreale Cathedral is spectacular and the perfect location for a selfie.
A boy playing melodies from The Godfather near the church Santa Lucia alla Badia (La chiesa di Santa Lucia alla Badia) on the south side of Piazza Duomo.
Serbian ex-soldier now making a living as a beggar in Palermo. The photo was taken at the cemetary in Cefalù.
Fisherman in Cefalù preparing his gear.
A boy in Noto carrying the wedding rings.
A singing man in Cefalù.
A fruit vendor in Via Luigi Pirandello, Taormina.
Romanian beggar in front of the cathedral in Catania. He came to Sicily for a better life.
Fisherman in Cefalù.
Selfie in Cefalù.
Thoughtful Sicilian marionette in Catania.
Sicilian Sites on UNESCO's World Heritage List
- Agrigento: Archaeological Area of Agrigento (UNESCO)
- Aeolian Islands: Isole Eolie. The group consists of seven islands (Lipari, Vulcano, Salina, Stromboli, Filicudi, Alicudi and Panarea) and five small islets (Basiluzzo, Dattilo, Lisca Nera, Bottaro and Lisca Bianca) in the vicinity of Panarea. (UNESCO)
- Caltagirone (UNESCO)
- Catania (UNESCO)
- Cefalù Cathedral
- Militello Val di Catania (UNESCO)
- Modica (UNESCO)
- Monreale Cathedral
- Mount Etna (UNESCO)
- Noto (UNESCO)
- Palermo: Palazzo dei Normanni (The Norman Palace)
- Palermo: Cappella Palatina (The Palatine Chapel in the Norman Palace)
- Palermo: Church of San Giovanni degli Eremiti
- Palermo: Church of Santa Maria dell'Ammiraglio (also known as the Martorana)
- Palermo: Church of San Cataldo
- Palermo: Cathedral of Palermo
- Palermo: The Zisa Palace (La Zisa)
- Palermo: The Cuba Palace (La Cuba)
- Palazzolo Acreide (UNESCO)
- Ragusa (UNESCO)
- Scicli (UNESCO)
- Syracuse and the Rocky Necropolis of Pantalica (UNESCO)