Church of San Giovanni degli Eremiti

San Giovanni degli Eremiti

The campanile and the five red domes of San Giovanni degli Eremiti. The church was built by Roger II in 1132–48, now deconsecrated. The Norman Palace can be seen in the background. The cloister (13th century) has twin columns bearing pointed arches like the cloister in Monreale.

Photo: Per-Erik Skramstad / Wonders of Sicily

 

 

Photo: Per-Erik Skramstad / Wonders of Sicily

 

 

San Giovanni degli Eremiti, Palermo

Twin columns in the cloister at San Giovanni degli Eremiti.

Photo: Per-Erik Skramstad / Wonders of Sicily

 

 

Photo: Per-Erik Skramstad / Wonders of Sicily

 

 

Inscription on the wall at San Giovanni degli Eremiti.

Photo: Per-Erik Skramstad / Wonders of Sicily

 

 

The beautiful cloister garden (13th century) at San Giovanni degli Eremiti.

Photo: Per-Erik Skramstad / Wonders of Sicily

 

More photos from Palermo here!

 

 

 

 

 

Photo: Per-Erik Skramstad / Wonders of Sicily