La Magione (Palermo) - Basilica La Magione
The beautiful facade of the Norman church called La Magione, founded for the Cistercians by Matteo d’Aiello before 1151 as the church of the Trinity, but transferred to the Teutonic knights in 1193 by Emperor Henry VI as their mansion, from which it takes its name. As the church of the Teutonic Knights, it played a rather important role during the Crusades. (Thanks to Blue Guide Sicily)
Conservation officer unveiling a Madonna and Child that had been overpainted (maybe to censor the Madonna's breast?).
Restoration work on the Madonna and Child.
15th-century fresco of the Crucifixion.
15th century marble triptych of the Madonna and Child (Gagini school). La Magione, Palermo.
Sarcophagus for the nobleman Francesco Perdicaro (died in 1567) in the Norman church La Magione, Palermo.
Arabic (probably 12th century?) in La Magione.
Skull on a gravestone in.
See photos of skulls on grave monuments (NB! text in Norwegian)
Alesa Arconidea - Aleister Crowley in Cefalù - Bagheria - Balconies in Sicily - Baron Wilhelm von Gloeden - Baroque architecture in Sicily - Birds in Sicily - Caccamo - cars in Sicily - Castelmola - Cats in Italy - Collesano - Death in Sicily - Death in Sardinia - Entella - Film locations in Sicily - Fish, fishermen and fish markets in Sicily - Gela - Gibilmanna - Greeks in Sicily - Halaesa Arconidea - insects in Sicily - Linguaglossa - Lizards in Sicily -Monreale Cathedral - Monreale Cloister - Life in Sicily - Mosaics in Sicily - Mount Etna - Museums and Exhibitions - Normans in Sicily - Palermo: Museum of the Holy Inquisition - Palermo: the Norman Palace - Palermo: Oratorio del SS. Rosario, San Domenico - Palermo: the Palatine Chapel (Cappella Palatina) - Palermo: Richard Wagner in Sicily - Palermo: La Zisa - Palermo: Chiesa Santa Maria della Catena (Church of Saint Mary of the Chain) - Syracuse: The Archeological Park - Tommaso Fazello - Tuna fishing in Sicily (La Mattanza) - Videos - Villa Palagonia (Bagheria) "The Villa of Monsters" (Villa dei Mostri) - Villa Romana del Casale (near Piazza Armerina) -